Search This Blog

Friday 26 October 2018

I'm just going to leave these here

They say it cant happen here!

If you want some great examples of why bloggers are often doing a better job than the media these days you would be hard pressed to go past the following posts from the left and right of the political spectrum around National having Jamie-Lee Ross sanctioned (read forceably incarcerated) for "mental health issues" as a means to keep him from dropping any further dirt on National.

And the mainstream NZ media has been notably absent in this area because, as I have said before, they are far to close/embedded to those they cover to keep on reporting and as such they remain compromised and entirely suspect in Nationals bad behavior.

First we have Cameron Slater  of Whale Oil (yes that Cameron Slater of that Whale Oil)(via the Daily Blog) pointing out that it was National that got Ross locked away by the cops out of fear of Ross saying anything further, or worse contradicting Nationals set narrative.

Meanwhile Left-wing blogger Chris Trotter adds his own take on things from his own blog (Bowalley Road) and this is again well worth the read.

And there is so much in both of those posts that I will say no more but encourage readers to put any political prejudices they may have aside and go read them and see for yourself.

What I will add is that I was aware of some of these details through my own source in National but did not feel I could outright say what I had been told given the inability to verify it but that is where my allusion/comment to National assembling a "political hit team" in my recent post came from as Ross was high enough and deep enough into Nationals power structure to have more than enough dirt to team wipe National in its entirety and my source indicated as such.

And as this story is now well beyond Ross and his behavior things are verging on terminal scandal as Bridges has been caught red handed whoring the party for money and the only way out is to silence Ross from making any further revelations so Bridges and Co will be using any and all tricks to get Ross to shut his mouth as there are political reputations and careers at stake here and plenty of vested interests who would go down as well if National gets exposed as little more than a front for the PRC.

And if this is all somewhat shades of Karen Silkwood or that poor bugger who's name I can recall but who got killed in mysterious circumstances for having data disks from the Bank of New Zealand which suggested it was up to no good, then so be it because it does happen here!

Its probably time we started to ask some serious questions about National and its Chinese "friends".

4 comments:

  1. I would take the most mainstream of mainstream media over Cameron Slater's toxic right wing filth any day of the week.

    If you're holding up Whale Oil as the standard political commentary should aspire to, there is something seriously wrong with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I am not a fan of Slater or Whaleoil (and given I have been referencing Dirty Politics and Hollow Men a lot lately I do know about his background) he does do some good stuff from time to time. You just have to take several large does of salt with it.

      Besides if you limit your coverage to only one side of the line you get nothing but an echo chamber.

      Delete
    2. Yes but you didn't say Slater was occasionally right, you said he was doing a better job than the mainstream media.

      Say what you want about the mainstream media, it doesn't encourage racial or class violence the way Slater does.

      Or is the avoidance of this kind of behaviour not that important when you consider whether or not someone is doing a good job?

      Delete
  2. Ok, good point I will retract some of that then (post amended slightly).

    What I am trying to say with that post it that it got picked up by both the left and right sides of the blogsphere while ignored by the media in general.

    I have criticized Slater on this blog before and I know full well his connection with Dirty Politics but he can still turn in good stuff and like any blog (my own included) readers should go in with their antenna tuned to both its history/background and its angle.

    Also, I dont read Whale Oil a lot but I dont recall seeing any posts inciting racial or class violence, happy to be corrected though.

    ReplyDelete